Monday, February 9, 2009

be warned

Dim sum doesn't look so good in pictures but damn, it's so good in the stomach. A friend told me that her family would be celebrating her mom's birthday with dim sum and my immediate thought was- I need dim sum. So, my husband and I went to Maxim, a great place for dim sum in Dallas, yesterday. I had gorged myself with the food that I had a dim sum belly the rest of the day. It was so good.

chicken feet (I don't eat it), pork spare ribs, and squid

shrimp in a rice crêpe-like roll

mussels

chinese broccoli

stir fried noodles (asked for half rice/ half egg noodles)

beef tendon

almond jello with fruit cocktail and evaporated milk

chinese bread (don't know how to spell it) in a rice crêpe-like roll

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow looks delish

wroxton said...

my appreciation for dim sum has increased 1K% since childhood

Amee said...

SO GOOD. We went yesterday again and it was yummy in the tummy!!