Saturday, January 31, 2009

junior league centennial cookbook


I have MANY cookbooks, too MANY cookbooks. Most sit within the closet shelves. Of course, that isn't the intention. I think I buy them because I like the pretty pictures. There are a few that I pull out every once in awhile. One of them is the Junior League Centennial Cookbook. I have used two or three of the recipes and each of them turned out brilliantly. No longer can I eat traditional meatloaf. I will only eat mine. My mom taught me how to make French toast when I was little but the recipe from this cookbook showed me that missing ingredient(s). When I make it, I don't even touch syrup. I'm hoping my lazy ass will make some French toast tomorrow morning. I bought the French bread tonight so best not to let it go to waste.

Okay... this post just created a new New Year's Resolution. It's not too late is it? I'm going to pull out a new cookbook each time I want to make something new. That way, I can share more reviews with you. Oh, and I should probably try some more recipes from the book in discussion!

No comments: