Tuesday, January 20, 2009

6 starbucks gift cards and counting

For some odd reason, I'm a magnet for Starbucks gift cards. People keep giving them to me for Christmas, for birthdays, etc. They give them to my husband, too. Out of the gazillion different gift cards out there, why do people think that Starbucks is the perfect choice? At first, I used them. They did come in handy when I ran out of coffee at home. But now, they are just starting to collect. So far, I have found 6 of them but I think there are more lingering around my home somewhere.

So why do I keep getting them? Yes, I love coffee. You probably figured that out being it was my first post. But, I don't like Starbucks coffee. It kind of tastes like dirt to me. If I go there, I lean towards the frou frou options.

What am I to do with all these cards? One suggestion was to regift them. That was a thought that ran through my mind for a second. At the same time, I didn't want to continue the torment of "Why another Starbucks gift card?"

At first thought, I wanted to use them for stainless steel travel mugs. After months of trying to find a similar one to the one I already love, I have lost hope. The options pretty much suck.

Now, I have a new plan. I'm going to use them to get a coffee or tea press or both. I'm just not sure which one to get. Here are the options I'm considering:

Assam tea press tea pot $24.95

This one has a black plastic handle. I kind of like that.

Assam tea press pot $39.95

$15 more and I can get it in stainless. Do I really care?

Assam cast iron tea pot $89.95

$65 more and it can be cast iron. It has a nice aesthetic to it. I have enough gift cards to cover the expense. If I'm going to get a press, might as well go all out, right? Oh, and it's got that Asian thing goin' on. Maybe, it will make me feel more Asian.

Columbia thermo press $79.95 or $99.95

I'm leaning towards this option because it's perfect for tea or coffee. Plus, it will keep it hot for a few hours (so they say). I just don't know what size to get? The smaller one is more than enough. The larger one would serve guests we never have. Hmmm?

I would love to hear what you think I should get. This, that, or this and that? Why?

No comments: