Monday, January 19, 2009

pass the soap

What does soap have to do with cooking? Well, nothing really (aside from washing hands frequently while cooking, HOPEFULLY). But I saw these two devices in my recent Sur La Table catalog and I like them a lot.

So... there are two options. You've got your more traditional pump-style contraption. Then, if you are seriously too lazy to use the pump and you have another $20 to spare, you can get the sensor/ touch-free version. I might be one of those people. Oh... and I forgot to mention, the latter also has a timer so you wash your hands the appropriate length of time. Um, that might be a good thing (if you haven't read Washing Hands for Dummies).

I have always been a fan of simplehuman. I've got one of their trashcans and I'm even planning on replacing it with a new one because I was graciously given a Crate and Barrel gift card. You can rely on simplehuman to be just as they are called- simple. Yet, the design is still sleek and modern. So as I head to C&B for my trash can, I'll accompany it with one of these soap pumps (or maybe both because I don't really like to see my dish soap in the plastic bottle it comes in).

simplehuman precision soap pump $20

simplehuman sensor soap pump $40

No comments: