Monday, June 8, 2009

stir fried scallops



I feel like this is 30 Minute Meals by Rachael Ray, the Asian Edition. This meal is so simple and easy yet very tasty. It's reminiscent of meals my mom would make as a child. She would often stir fry with shrimp, baby bok choy, and garlic. I'm stepping it up with scallops.

You will need about 10 oz scallops (or shrimp), 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3-5 cloves garlic, about 10 oz. baby bok choy, and 1 tablespoon oyster sauce.



In a wok, heat up the oil in medium heat. Add the garlic and allow to slightly brown. Notice I like a lot of garlic.



Add the scallops and stir fry for two minutes.



Add the baby bok choy and oyster sauce and stir fry for another three minutes.



I accompanied it with a Vietnamese style omelette (eggs, fish sauce, sliced onions (I used a yellow onion but it also works with green onion), and pepper) and rice. I think the stir fry and the omelette would also be great would some heat.

No comments: