Wednesday, December 23, 2009

lonny magazine

One of my new favorite magazines is actually only available in digital form. It's Lonny Magazine. When Domino Magazine ended, it was a sad day. But then... some of those that contributed to the magazine decided to come up with Lonny. It was no longer a sad day. Now, it's glorious and happy again. So far, they've come out with two issues. I'm particularly fond of the second issue, too.

One of my favorite articles features the renovation of a Manhattan home by interior designer, Brad Ford. In particular, I keep turning to pages 159-160. It's a close-up of a table place setting. I love the organic feel. I love the simplicity. I love the non-traditional use of some of the pieces. When I'm grown up and I host dinner parties, I want my table to be this beautiful.

I recognized the appetizer plates coming from Crate & Barrel. From there, I started to recognize more pieces. Growing up may happen sooner than planned because I can afford this stuff. Hurray!

  1. marble salt and pepper cellar $6.95
  2. slate board (used as a placemat) $24.95
  3. acacia appetizer plate (used as a bread and butter plate) $4.95



No comments: