Saturday, April 18, 2009

who is claire robinson

source: www.commercialappeal.com

I woke up early this morning (to my dismay), made my necessary coffee, and turned on the TV. As I flipped through my favorite channels, I decided to stop at the Food Network. The title "5 Ingredient Fix" caught my attention. This Claire Robinson was making french toast, maple candied bacon, a fruit smoothie, and asparagus topped with scrambled eggs. The whole time, I kept thinking:

  • Does this really taste good?
  • Who is this person?
  • What are her credentials?
It became necessary to know more so I go to the Food Network site. I learn this is her third episode, she's worked in media, she really wanted to pursue her interest in food, and she's produced other Food Network shows. I started to check out her other recipes and their reviews. They were actually interesting read- people reviewing the food before even cooking it, someone named Aggie raving about the food but making some serious alterations to the ingredients, and someone named Marsha who ripped Aggie for her comments and who ripped the recipes for getting high marks for doing not much.

I'll keep watching this show out of mere curiosity. Maybe, I'll even try some of the things she made. Claire, just stop getting excited about everything you've cooked after you have a bite but it's just a bit annoying. Really... the mini orgasms that these people get after trying their food is much.

2 comments:

abby jenkins said...

I work on Claire's show and have to tell you her food is so good! I think I managed to gain about 5 lbs in two weeks and the only reason it wasn't twenty was because I had to run props up and down two flights of stairs every two minutes :^)
She really knows her stuff.

Max said...

LOL! I came upon this blog after seeing the same episode about candied bacon. Like you, I said, "Who is this person?" and googled Claire Robinson, except, I added "annoying" at the end of the search.

Does she really need to be so enthusiastic when she sees the food cooking, when she hears it sizzling, when she smells it, and when she finally tastes it? I can't stand the rolling back of eyes and the dancing while tasting.

Okay already with the fake orgasms!! And stop trying so hard!! She's like the most annoying parts of Rachel Ray and Sandra Lee.