Sunday, March 1, 2009

nothing like brunch at taverna

Surprisingly, my husband suggested getting brunch today. Even though he didn't wake up until after noon, we still had plenty of time.

Since I knew we were having brunch for the past few days, I haven't been able to get Taverna out of my head. We had brunch there once and it was DELICIOUS. Before we left, I called about the wait and possible reservations. No reservations and a 45 minute wait. It's okay because it was worth it.

I had a bottomless bellini, we both had eggs benedict with crab meat, and we shared French toast with fresh fruit. I also noticed that some of the tables were being served focaccia bread so I inquired. They normally serve focaccia during lunch but our waiter was happy to get us some (as he did for other people). Damn... that was good bread.








No comments: